Sunday, June 9, 2013

Introducing...

Greetings! Do you love records? I mean really, truly, with all your heart and soul LOVE vinyl? The good, bad, and the ugly? And all of those equally?

Or maybe you're new to vinyl, and curious about what makes it so special and why records have been making a comeback for so many years. I know I'm curious about the comeback - as far as I'm concerned, vinyl has never left! And it sure ain't going anywhere.

There are a lot of ways to do a record blog: sharity of out-of-print things that even the record companies forgot about (until someone posted an MP3 of it), professorial discourses on certain types of music, or perhaps advice for the "vi-curious" on how to get a collection going and listen to it properly. 

Sharity is risky. I've heard about that big upload site bloggers used to like until they took down everything they ever uploaded. So much as I'd love to share, I fear having to keep the really good stuff to a minimum - but I'm open to legal suggestions, so if you have any, chime in. I'm considering DivShare because I see it on so many other blogs. So it must be good somehow.

Discourses can get boring real quick. I imagine being locked in a room with some Charles Emerson Winchester type lecturing to me about Charles Mingus vs. Gerry Mulligan. Actually, that crosses the line from boring to frightening. And I don't want to frighten anyone.

You'll get a blend of things here: a track or two to listen to in one post, new things I've found in another, advice on equipment somewhere else...and maybe some other stuff I haven't thought of yet. Hell, possibly even things YOU suggest. It's a different, more wide-open thing than you're used to, so buckle in and hang on as you experience 33 1/3 Revelations Per Minute.







No comments:

Post a Comment